“STARTSCAPE PRIVATE LIMITED” and/or its affiliates (“YourPlate,” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our,”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with its privacy policies. This policy describes:
- the types of information that YourPlate may collect from you when you access or use its websites, applications, and other online services (collectively, referred as “Services”); and
- its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to the information YourPlate collects through its Services, in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with its Services.
This policy does not apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as social networks that you use in connection with its Services. YourPlate encourages you to consult directly with such third parties about their privacy practices.
Startscape Private Limited, located at D-213 Sector-108 Noida Gautam Buddha Nagar UP 201301, India will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services.
This policy may change from time to time, your continued use of YourPlate’s Services after it makes any change is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
The information we collect and how we use it
Startscape Private Limited (“YourPlate,” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) collects several types of information from and about users of our Services, including:
- Your Personal Information(“PI”) – Personal Information is the information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data, or from the data and other information that we have or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
- automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
Your account information: Your full name, email address, postal code, password, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, mobile phone number and website. Your profile picture that will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You may optionally provide us with this information through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook and Google Plus. In such cases, we fetch and store whatever information is made available to us by you through these sign-in services.
Your preferences: Your preferences and settings such as meal, food, time zone and language.
Your content: Information you provide through our Services, including your reviews, photographs, comments, lists, followers, the users you follow, food ordering details and history, contact information of
- people you add to, or notify of, names, and other information you provide on our Services, and other information in your account profile.
- Your searches and other activities: The search terms you have looked up and results you selected.
- Your browsing information: How long you used our Services, and which features you used; the ads you clicked on.
Your communications: Communications between you and other users or merchants through our Services; your participation in a survey, poll, sweepstakes, contest, or promotion scheme; your request for certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, or other products); your communication with us about employment opportunities posted to the services.
Your transactional information: If you make purchases through our Services, we may collect and store information about you to process your requests and automatically complete forms for future transactions, including (but not limited to) your phone number, address, email, billing information and credit or payment card information. This information may be shared with third parties which assist in processing and fulfilling your requests, including PCI compliant payment gateway processors. When you submit credit or payment card information, we encrypt the information using industry standard technologies, as further described below under “Payment Card Information.” If you write reviews about businesses with which you conduct transactions through our Services, we may publicly display information that you transacted with those businesses.
Your Public Posts: You also may provide information (such as ratings, reviews, tips, photos, comments, likes, bookmarks, friends, lists, etc.) to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on publicly accessible areas of our Services or transmitted to other users of our Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable (see “Security” section below). Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee
that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We may display this information on the Services, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. You should be careful about revealing any sensitive details about yourself in such postings.
We use the information you provide to us to enhance the functionality and improve the quality of our Services, and to personalize your experience while using our Services. We also use this information to display relevant advertising, provide support to you, communicate with you, and comply with our legal obligations.
Information about Your Friends
You have the option to request your friends to join the Services by providing their contact information. If you request a friend to join and connect with you on the Services, we will only use your friend’s contact information to process your request.
Information about Your Messages
If you exchange messages with others through the Services, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible violations of our Terms of Service and wrongdoing in connection with the Services. If you send information from the Services to your mobile device via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies`
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services without registering or logging in.
- Usage information: Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services.
- Computer and device information: Information about your computer, Internet connection and mobile device, including your IP address, operating systems, platforms, browser type, other
browsing information (connection, speed, connection type etc.), device type, device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number. • Stored information and files: Our applications also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information. • Location information: Our applications collect real-time information about the location of your device, as permitted by you.
- Last URL visited: The URL of the last web page you visited before visiting our websites. • Mobile device IDs: Unique mobile device identifier (e.g., IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you are using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our applications. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our applications, track the number of advertisements displayed, measure advertising performance and display advertisements that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our applications. • Your preferences: Your preferences and settings such as time zone and language. • Your activity on the Services: Information about your activity on the Services, such as your search queries, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, how long you visited our Services, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
- Mobile status: For mobile application users, the online or offline status of your application. • Applications: If you use the YourPlate application, YourPlate may collect information about the presence and/ or absence and/ or details pertaining to other applications on your mobile phone. The applications we gather information for, may vary across categories including, without limitation, shopping, fashion, food and travel. This will help us understand you and your preferences better and enable YourPlate to provide you with a personalized experience. Precise Location Information and How to opt Out
When you use one of our location-enabled services (for example, when you access Services from a mobile device), we may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (including the latitude, longitude, or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information is recorded to customize the Services with location-based information and features (for example, to inform you about restaurants in your area or applicable promotions). Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work and we may associate location data with your device ID and other information we hold about you. We keep this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing services to you. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
Cookies and Other Electronic Tools
You may access the Platform by registering to create an account (” YourPlate Account”) and become a member (” Membership”); or (c) you can also register to join by logging into your account with certain third party social networking sites (“SNS”) (including, but not limited to, Facebook); each such account, a ” Third Party Account”, via our Platform, as described below. The Membership is limited for the purpose and are subject to the terms, and strictly not transferable. As part of the functionality of the Platform services, you may link your YourPlate Account with Third Party Accounts, by either:
- providing your Third Party Account login information to us through the Platform; or • allowing us to access your Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account.
You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described
herein), without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third Party Account and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third party service providers.
By granting us access to any Third Party Accounts, you understand that we will access, make available and store (if applicable) any content or information that you have provided to and stored in your Third Party Account (” SNS Content”) so that it is available on and through the Platform via your YourPlate Account.
Depending on the Third Party Accounts, you choose, and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third Party Accounts will be available on and through your YourPlate Account on the Platform.
Please note that if a Third Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third Party Account is terminated by the third party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through the Platform.
We will create your YourPlate Account for your use of the Platform services based upon the personal information you provide to us or that we obtain via SNS, as described above. You can only have one YourPlate Account and are not permitted to create multiple accounts. YourPlate reserves the right to suspend such multiple accounts without being liable for any compensation where you have created multiple accounts on the Platform.
You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your YourPlate Account and your access to the Services (i) if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current
You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your YourPlate Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your YourPlate Account.
Goods and services purchased from the Platform are intended for your personal use and you represent that the same are not for resale or you are not acting as an agent for other parties.
Information from Third Parties
We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as partners, marketers, third-party websites, and researchers, and combine that information with information which we collect from or about you.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
We may anonymize and/or de-identify information collected from you through the Services or via other means, including via the use of third-party web analytic tools as described below. As a result, our use and
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Process and respond to your queries
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), process and complete your transactions, and make special offers. • Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you by way of emails, or courier, or registered post, or telephone calls, or any other mode of communication. We may also share your preferences, or the Services availed by you with your network followers on YourPlate for marketing and other promotional activities of our Services.
- Send you questions from other users that you may be able to answer if you have registered with YourPlate.
- Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Administer contests and sweepstakes.
- Provide you with customer support.
- Provide you with policies about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services. • In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’/service providers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
How we share the information we collect
General Information Disclosures
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our company Startscape Private Limited.
- To contractors, advertisers/service providers and other third parties whom we use to support our business (e.g., food delivery) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all YourPlate’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by YourPlate about the users of our Services are among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to receive the promotional updates. We contractually require these third partiesto keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
DISCLOSURE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information that we collect for following purposes:
With Service Providers: We may share your information with our vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms and other service providers or business partners, such as Payment processing companies, to support our business. For example, your information may be shared with outside vendors to send you emails and messages or push notifications to your devices in relation to our Services, to help us analyze and improve the use of our Services, to process and collect payments. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us.
With Partner Restaurants/Merchant: While you place a request to order food through the YourPlate Platform, your information is provided to us and to the restaurants/merchants with whom you may choose to order. In order to facilitate your online food order processing, we provide your information to that restaurant/merchant in a similar manner as if you had made a food order directly with the restaurant. If you provide a mobile phone number, YourPlate may send you text messages regarding the order’s delivery status.
With Academic Partners: We may share your information with our academic partners for the purpose of carrying out academic research.
With Other Users: If you are a delivery partner, we may share your name, phone number and/or profile picture (if applicable), tracking details with other users to provide them the Services.
For Crime Prevention or Investigation: We may share this information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us, when we are:
Obligated under the applicable laws or in good faith to respond to court orders and processes; or Detecting and preventing against actual or potential occurrence of identity theft, fraud, abuse of Services and other illegal acts;
Responding to claims that an advertisement, posting or other content violates the intellectual property rights of a third party;
For Internal Use: We may share your information with any present or future member of our “Group” (as defined below) or affiliates for our internal business purposes The term “Group” means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.
While you cannot opt out of advertising on the YourPlate Platform, you may opt out of much interest-based advertising on third party sites and through third party ad networks (including DoubleClick Ad Exchange, Facebook Audience Network and Google AdSense). For more information, visit www.aboutads.info/choices. Opting out means that you will no longer receive personalized ads by third parties ad networks from which you have opted out, which is based on your browsing information across multiple sites and online services. If you delete cookies or change devices, your opt out may no longer be effective.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- We may share your information other than as described in this Policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Payment Card Information
To use certain of our Services, we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Services, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including but not limited to vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms:
- When you use a credit or debit card to make purchases on our Sites, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date) to our third-party payment service providers and the other applicable third parties.
- For information about the security of your credit or debit card account information, see the “Security” section below.
Analytics and tailored advertising
To help us better understand your use of the Services, we may use third-party web analytics on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “Automatically-Collected Information” Section above. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate our users’ use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting or using your information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
- Inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our website and other sites and
When accessing the Services from a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system: iOS, Android and Windows Phone provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system or contact the applicable platform operator.
Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can set your browser or mobile device to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on
When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from other YourPlate users, businesses, and YourPlate itself. You can log in to manage your email preferences and follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email messages but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative policy, service policy, or legal policy from YourPlate.
Reviewing, changing, or deleting information
If you would like to review, change, or delete personal information we have collected from you, or permanently delete your account, you have the following options to do so:
Enter the available options to get the account deleted.
However, any previously recorded data such as the transactions, order history, reviews etc will not be deleted and will remain on the data servers of YourPlate.
Accessing & correcting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction:
- If your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive,
- Where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or
- If the information or material, you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
Security: How we protect your information
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and to maintain data security. These safeguards take into account the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. The third-party service providers with respect to payment gateway and payment processing are all validated as compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers).
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your username, password, or other security information for your YourPlate account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your username and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 18, unless permitted under applicable local laws (Permissible Age). We do not knowingly collect any personal information from users or market to or solicit information from anyone under the Permissible Age. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under the Permissible Age, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under the Permissible Age, please contact us at [Enter Email]
Third party links and services
Data retention and account termination
Startscape Private Limited
D-213 Sector-108 Noida
Gautam Buddha Nagar UP 201301, India